Sunday 1 May 2016

Are young entrepreneurs getting respect from Society?



"Log Kya Kahenge"

When I was in 12th class also preparing for IIT entrance exams. Everyday full page advertisement was coming with photographs of past selected students in IITs. It was leaving only one comment to my parents "Will you get place here?" See Mr. Sharma's son got placed in IIT last year and so many examples. Actually these words never came to my parent's mouth unless neighbors, known come to them and give examples of others. It was a societal pressure to my parents which they put on me.
As per my capability I couldn't crack the IIT entrance exam which I knew in beginning as well. It was a first step to face society with negative comments. I knew my capability and hardly bother about other's comment.

Same expectations are with young entrepreneurs who have chosen own way of earning money. Some are leaving their high package and choose own idea to work on. Some are with family business with different domain.

Our society is still not accepting odd way of earning money which they can't understand. People and parents are accepting routine job, high package, settled life and growth in career. They don't find entrepreneurship is a respectable area of work.

Many incubators in India giving counselling to parents as well. It will help parents and society to give respect to young entrepreneurs with their new ideas. Parents don't have to put pressure on their children to follow their steps which are mostly society driven.

One of the best reason I found for becoming your own boss is Reservation based on cast in Govt. sector, politics in corporates and low salary from the expectations. If you see the reason why people are leaving job and trying their fate into entrepreneurship you will find one of the above reason.

If you have capability and believe in your idea you must follow your own internal voice to opt for business or not.

Many young aspirants leave the journey in middle because of a failure and got pressure from society because people around you never expect you will become Ambani and get fame and wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment